Mr. Magoo on TV Collection from Shout!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Toonatic

Mr. Magoo on TV Collection from Shout!

Postby Toonatic » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 pm

From TVShowsonDVD:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mr-Magoo-Mr-Magoo-on-TV-Collection/15716

"Great news comes from many sources. Today we have a ton of news thanks to one of our readers, Mike Kenny, who e-mailed to tell us he'd bought a couple of DVDs from Shout! Factory, and when he received them "In my package I also got a 2011 Video Catalog from them detailing all the titles they have released so far as well as the remaining titles for the year." Mike was kind enough to scan several sample pages from the catalog, which you can see at the bottom.

Among the not-yet-announced street dates Mike found in this catalog was a November 8th scheduled date for an item simply listed as the "Mr. Magoo on TV Collection". This 11-disc release will cost $79.99 SRP. Shout! Factory hasn't formally announced the title yet, so the date and cost could possibly change. We obviously don't have any other details for this item, nor box art. Stay tuned, however, and we'll keep you updated as further developments occur! Again, our thanks to Mike for taking the time to fill us in."

While I think this is a set of the classic TV series with the specials (Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, etc.), I can help think with 11 discs, we could be getting the theatrical shorts. I know it's impossible but one can dream.

Gasmask Ted

Postby Gasmask Ted » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:28 pm

The Mr Magoo Show seems to have slipped out of print (since Xmas), so clearly this is meant to replace it; that's 4 discs. Are there 7 specials to fill out the rest of the set?

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Will they be uncut?
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Toonatic wrote:
While I think this is a set of the classic TV series with the specials (Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, etc.), I can help think with 11 discs, we could be getting the theatrical shorts. I know it's impossible but one can dream.

It's not impossible, All in the Family and Dennis the Menace are owned by Columbia/Sony, both of which have been released by Shout Factory.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

cbrubaker

Postby cbrubaker » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Gasmask Ted wrote:The Mr Magoo Show seems to have slipped out of print (since Xmas), so clearly this is meant to replace it; that's 4 discs. Are there 7 specials to fill out the rest of the set?

Well, there were one movie ("1001 Arabian Nights"), two TV specials ("Christmas Carol" and "Uncle Sam Magoo"), and two other TV series ("Famous Adventures" and "What's New?"). All that should add up 7 discs.
My Blog - Has some stuff
Terrytoons 1957-71 filmography - new credits (updated 12-8-2010)

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 pm

King Delbert wrote:It's not impossible, All in the Family and Dennis the Menace are owned by Columbia/Sony, both of which have been released by Shout Factory.

The Larry Sanders Show was also a Sony show that Shout! finished.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Oh, Shout! Factory, you've done it again!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mr-Magoo-Mr-Magoo-on-TV-Collection/15782#ixzz1UZOPTFT6

Late last week we [color=black]told you that the November 8th release date was confirmed for Shout! Factory's 11-DVD set of the Mr. Magoo on TV Collection. Now we've learned from our retailer contacts that the studio description clearly states that ALL THREE Magoo shows that aired between 1960 and 1977 are going to be on this compilation, along with a 1970 telefilm, too. Here's the quote the retailers have passed along from Shout! Factory: [/color]

Voiced by Jim Backus ("Gilligan Island's" Mr. Howell), Mr. Magoo is a wealthy, short-statured retiree who gets into a series of sticky situations as a result of his nearsightedness, compounded by his stubborn refusal to admit the problem. However, through uncanny streaks of luck, the situation always seems to work itself out for him, leaving him no worse than before.

This collectible package with all-new DVD extras includes all episodes of the various TV shows in one set for the first time! 26 episodes of The Mister Magoo Show ('60-'61); the '70 prime-time TV Movie Uncle Sam Magoo, and - for the first time complete on any home entertainment format - 26 episodes of The Famous Adventures of Mister Magoo ('64) and 16 episodes of What's New Mister Magoo? ('77)!

Our contacts also say that the bonus material is NOT finalized yet, so the following info could change, but the studio's hoped-for supplements include a 20-page commemorative book and Interviews with cast members. The cost will be $79.97 SRP"

Now lets hope this will get the ball rolling for the theatrical shorts on DVD.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”