Pepe LePew Super Stars DVD, Dec. 27

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 pm

Wow! I thought for sure they'd only put 8 Pepe cartoons and then round the set with some love themed cartoons like Mouse Warming or A Hick a Slick and a Chick. I'll be getting this (if I still have money by December 27 :( ).
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Daffysleftfoot wrote:I'll be getting this (if I still have money by December 27 :( ).

You'll have Christmas money.

Green Kitten

Postby Green Kitten » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm

Perhaps if we're lucky we might get original titles for Scent-imental Over You (Definitely my favorite Pepe le Pew cartoon).

I think I'll get this set, not sure whether to wait until all the Superstars have been compiled to make another big set. Pepe Le Pew's are good cartoons and haven't been showcased much in the Golden Collections (only 3 cartoons over the 6 sets...) :lepew:
Oh da boy, da diamond.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Green Kitten wrote:Perhaps if we're lucky we might get original titles for Scent-imental Over You (Definitely my favorite Pepe le Pew cartoon).

I wish that too. But I'm not sure if that'll happen. But you're right, if we're lucky.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Wow. This is unexpected. I never really expected a full release of almost every Pepe le Pew cartoon on a DVD (I would have expected something like the recent Foghorn Leghorn release). It seems the only cartoon starring Pepe le Pew that's left out is Heaven Scent (which was on the sixth Golden Collection so I won't complain).

Considering last year it was announced that Warner Home Video has a policy of only restoring post-1953 shorts, I guess it's great that Pepe's pre-1953 shorts are included. Actually I sort of suspected Warner changed it's mind on this policy, as the upcoming Platinum Collection will have some pre-1953 shorts that were not previously restored (unless all the cartoons on these releases are unrestored).

It has two double dips, but for this set to have almost all of the Pepe le Pew cartoons I'll let it slide (even though Pepe le Pew is one of my least favorite of the main Looney Tunes characters). Fans kept complaining about how Foghorn Leghorn was underrepresented in the Golden Collections, but I feel Pepe le Pew was a lot less represented (5 Foghorn cartoons were released compared to the 3 Pepe cartoons released). Until I saw the listing of what's included I always thought Odor of the Day came after For Scent-Immental Reasons (though I guess it makes sense, since most of the Pepe cartoons with different formats/formulas are from before For Scent-Immental Reasons).

While it is great that Warner is apparently restoring pre-1953 cartoons again, it is a shame that Warner won't restore the remaining Chuck Jones Road Runner shorts (all of which are post-1953).

jlppr

Postby jlppr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:17 pm

great news for sure. i'm buying!!! :lepew:

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Now they're rolling. All I want to know now is if they are changing the content for the Road Runner disc.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:01 pm

nickramer wrote:Now they're rolling. All I want to know now is if they are changing the content for the Road Runner disc.

If only they could... :/

But no. They're sticking to what they got.

But if only we had Sony DVD Architect, we could make our own Road Runner Super Stars DVD.

Until then, let's hope there'll be one by 2015.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:12 pm

nickramer wrote:Now they're rolling. All I want to know now is if they are changing the content for the Road Runner disc.

I've read in another thread that although the Road Runner disc is due in october, copies have already been found at certain Wal-Mart stores (I'm checking my local store tomorrow). So I guess not.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:40 pm

I would hazard a guess that the press release is simply incorrect in their inclusion of Odor of the Day and Dog Pounded, since neither are Pepe Le Pew cartoons. But that is based on nothing.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”