Mr. Magoo Show DVD Set Finally Released

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Jon Cooke

Mr. Magoo Show DVD Set Finally Released

Postby Jon Cooke » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:59 am

According to this post over on Toon Zone, Classic Media has opened an online store at http://store.classicmedia.tv/ which sells all of their current DVD releases... including the long-delayed complete Mr. Magoo Show collection. According the guy who ordered it on TZ, it actually shipped. :magoo:

PeppeRaskell1

Postby PeppeRaskell1 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:18 am

Do you suppose Classic Media wants to skip releasing its shows directly to stores and selling them through their own online store?

That would explain only being able to get Godzilla vs. Mothra and Godzilla Raids Again only through them, since their respective releases were delayed from November 'till early next year.
"Crimefighters...don't cry...(HONK!)"

"If this is 'all right,' I'd hate to see me in trouble!"

"あなたの弾丸は私に害を与えることができない! 私の翼は鋼鉄の盾のようである!"

"This is my childhood. Don't mess with my childhood..."

MF TOON

Postby MF TOON » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:45 am

No, they are only being offered as early release through their website.

As far as I know, all of the other sets (Godzilla, etc) are being released sometime next year. I believe there are already street dates, but I don't know them offhand. I'm not sure the exact reason for these delays, I was told at the time that it was due to promotion.

Hopefully these will show up in stores soon. At least we know it can't be too far down the road now from a proper release date....

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:53 am

It's a Christmas Miracle.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Kyle G.

Postby Kyle G. » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:45 pm

Looks like Entertainment Rights, the UK based company that owns the Filmation library, is buying Classic Media.

http://www.entertainmentrights.com/news/article_602.asp

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:41 pm

I ordered the Magoo set a few days ago (using their 10% off coupon code) and the Classic Media Store just charged my credit card yesterday. I'll let you know when I get it. Of course, I plan on doing a review for GAC with full contents and screen shots when I do. :magoo:

I probably paid way too much for this set (especially if it does eventually get a wide release), but, hey, it's for GAC, right? ;)

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:42 pm

[quote="Jon Cooke"]I ordered the Magoo set a few days ago (using their 10% off coupon code) and the Classic Media Store just charged my credit card yesterday. I'll let you know when I get it. Of course, I plan on doing a review for GAC with full contents and screen shots when I do. :magoo:

I probably paid way too much for this set (especially if it does eventually get a wide release), but, hey, it's for GAC, right? ]
John, are these the theatrical cartoons?

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:46 pm

ohmahaaha wrote:John, are these the theatrical cartoons?

No, unfortunately not. These are the made-for-TV cartoons UPA did in the 1960s. I actually enjoyed many of these when Boomerang ran them a few years back.

gilligan fanati

Postby gilligan fanati » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:02 pm

Yay!

Can't wait to get this set.
[font=Palatino Linotype]Have List ~ DVD Collection ~ Game Collection[/font]

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:No, unfortunately not. These are the made-for-TV cartoons UPA did in the 1960s. I actually enjoyed many of these when Boomerang ran them a few years back.

Thanks - actually, these are probably the ones that I remember, as well, from when I was a kid (talk about dating yourself). I don't think I've ever seen any of the theatrical ones, unless the one included with the "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" was a theatrical ... have the theatrical Magoos been released to DVD?

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”