Warner Home Video Animation/TV Chat - May 7th

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
merc

Never ending cycle

Postby merc » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:09 pm

ohmahaaha wrote:I know there's plenty of people out there that would like to see that, but it would be unfair to those of us who have already bought Spotlight Collections 1 & 2 and then endured the disc replacement processes for both of those.

That would be like releasing half of the Donald Duck cartoons in a series and then cutting you off right in the middle .... er ... uh .... hmmmm .... yeah.

Is that kind of like releasing it on Betamax, I mean VHS, I mean Laserdisk, I mean DVD, I mean HD-DVD (No! Blu-ray). If it was fair, once I bought it once, they would send me each upgrade to a new format so I could watch it instead of making me buy it over and over and over and ...

Note 33 rpm, 45 rpm, LP, CD, mp3...

As they said in Men in Black, "I'm going to have to buy the White Album again."

By the way. Netflix, Blockbuster, etc. never upgrade their disks once they
have them. If you want to see the unedited replacement disks, you have to buy them. $$$$
"Gee Sharky, I guess saying I'm sorry won't give you back the use of your brain."

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:09 pm

merc wrote:Is that kind of like releasing it on Betamax, I mean VHS, I mean Laserdisk, I mean DVD, I mean HD-DVD (No! Blu-ray). If it was fair, once I bought it once, they would send me each upgrade to a new format so I could watch it instead of making me buy it over and over and over and ...

Note 33 rpm, 45 rpm, LP, CD, mp3...

As they said in Men in Black, "I'm going to have to buy the White Album again."

Well, this is all certainly true ... as long as people are willing to put up with it and re-buy things. Which means, of course, all the time.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”