Bugs Bunny Live Action Film Coming

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
L00nE2n

Postby L00nE2n » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Geez, talk about slapping the hand that fed you. Bugs Bunny was what really put Warner's on the map and this is just going to make a complete mockery of the classics - perhaps even more so than Space Jam, Baby Looney Tunes and Loonatics. I sort of understand Warner's wanting to keep these classic characters alive - I personally wouldn't even be opposed to a new completely-animated Looney Tunes feature film, but for the love of God, why live action/CGI?!?!?!?!?! I'd even take a new clip film over that any day.

Well anyway, here's my guess for the plot - Bugs and Daffy team up to put an end to the hunting of talking animals throughout the world. Then as something gets out of hand they have to reluctantly join forces with Elmer too.
Th-th-th-th-th-tha-that's all, Folks!

FishBulb

Postby FishBulb » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Oh lawsey, lawsey, lawsey...

On the bright side, the live action Tom and Jerry, Marvin and Speedy movies don't seem to have moved all that far since their announcements, so maybe these projects are all stumbling upon the same problems? Ideas for live action cartoon films and whatnot got tossed about all the time in the 80s, often coming to nothing. The only difference now is that we hear about it.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 pm

FishBulb wrote:Oh lawsey, lawsey, lawsey...

On the bright side, the live action Tom and Jerry, Marvin and Speedy movies don't seem to have moved all that far since their announcements, so maybe these projects are all stumbling upon the same problems? Ideas for live action cartoon films and whatnot got tossed about all the time in the 80s, often coming to nothing. The only difference now is that we hear about it.

Oh geez, I forgot all about that proposed live action Tom and Jerry movie. Sadly, while I desperately want all of these ideas to end up in the Hollywood dumpster--I have a bad feeling that they are going to show up sooner or later.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

FishBulb

Postby FishBulb » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 pm

I wonder if they'll go the Alvin route and make Bugs a semi-realistic, appropriately sized rabbit:eek:

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Glowworm wrote:Oh geez, I forgot all about that proposed live action Tom and Jerry movie. Sadly, while I desperately want all of these ideas to end up in the Hollywood dumpster--I have a bad feeling that they are going to show up sooner or later.

It depends on how successful Yogi is.

Edit: Oh, yeah. And the Smerfs film.

cartoonfan4ever

Postby cartoonfan4ever » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:06 pm

FishBulb wrote:I wonder if they'll go the Alvin route and make Bugs a semi-realistic, appropriately sized rabbit:eek:

I'm worried about that too. I'm also worried that they will hire a celebrity actor instead of a voice actor to do Bugs' voice.

And why is it that these articals keep saying that Mel Blanc did the voice of Elmer? It'll be nice for Arthur Q. Bryan to get proper credit.

Jack G.

Postby Jack G. » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:14 pm

I'll never again ask, "Can studio executives come up with something even more stupid?"

They, indeed, always can.

Jaime_Weinman

Postby Jaime_Weinman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:38 pm

I think this sounds like a bad idea, and I want it to happen. Big LT-related projects are the best hope of getting more home video releases related to the original LT/MM cartoons. So put the character back in the public eye, and then give us actual Bugs Bunny on Blu-Ray or whatever.

jlppr

Postby jlppr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:31 pm

well that's true, they always release a dvd of original cartoons to coincide with the movies. i hope that is the case here because the movie itself sound like horrible idea.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”