3-D cartoons of the 50's

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

R. Araya

Postby R. Araya » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 pm

There was another 3D cartoon produced in the 1950's, but it didn't see the light of day until September 1960 when 20th Century Fox released it alongside September Storm (coincidental title, isn't it). It was Space Attack (originally titled The Adventures of Sam Space). Here's a 3D copy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1TnnW0SMlU.
The Golden Age Cartoon Forums: It's Been a Long, Long Time.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Would the Time for Beany episode count?
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:27 pm

R. Araya wrote:There was another 3D cartoon produced in the 1950's, but it didn't see the light of day until September 1960 when 20th Century Fox released it alongside September Storm (coincidental title, isn't it). It was Space Attack (originally titled The Adventures of Sam Space). Here's a 3D copy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1TnnW0SMlU.

Do you know what kind of 3D glasses I should use? The modern one sold at theaters don't
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

R. Araya

Postby R. Araya » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:35 pm

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:Do you know what kind of 3D glasses I should use? The modern one sold at theaters don't

You should better use the well-known red-cyan anaglyph glasses you can find anywhere.
The Golden Age Cartoon Forums: It's Been a Long, Long Time.

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 am

R. Araya wrote:You should better use the well-known red-cyan anaglyph glasses you can find anywhere.

Here's a company that sells them online; but if you live outside the U.S., the shipping charges can be astronomical.

I recently ordered two pair of "Pro-View" glasses; one with red-cyan lenses (for viewing most 3D photos and 3D videos) and the other with red-green lenses (for viewing the two 3D shorts made by the Three Stooges). They weren't expensive, but I had them shipped to a friend of mine in the U.S. because I was traveling there soon and could bring them back in my carry-on luggage.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”