Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Jon Cooke

Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 am

As I mentioned quickly on Facebook, this weekend will be the final weekend the GAC Forums will be open. In the coming weeks, the current GAC family of sites will be moving to a new home and the Forums will be discontinued. The reasons are a combination of bandwidth issues and the fact that I am simply ready to focus on other, non-Forums related things after all these years. After all, the TTTP has been online in various forms since 1998! A searchable, read-only archive of the Forums will continue to be available when GAC relaunches.

If someone else wishes to pick up the ball and run with it, they can feel free. That person will have my full support.

There will likely also be a period of downtime during our transition, you can always keep in touch with us on our Facebook page or the Misce-Looney-ous Blog during this period.

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 am

I am dishearted to hear that this is shuttig down. This was THE ONLY PLACE where I can place my opinions in any way I can. I hope that the forums will move along with it. I'll miss this if not:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

EDIT: I reread it. The forums will end. I'll miss this so much
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Vdubdavid

Postby Vdubdavid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:16 am

I certainly can't dispute your decision Jon, but this is a sock to the gut. This and Cartoon Research are two of the first places I started visiting regularly to get news about classic animation, even during the Toonzone days.

And it wasn't just news, but there is such history out there that has been put on display here from the likes of folks like Sogturtle and JLee, stuff I never would have learned without this place.

The part of this news that kills me the most is I've been wanting to sing the praises of this place in some way, given how heated the discussion here can get sometimes.

I don't know what else I could do, but I hope this isn't really the end...

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:24 am

I wish you and the sites well. I hope to find another place to discuss animated cartoons soon, since this was the only site where I could discuss them regularly. Thank you for registering me and allowing me to share my positive thoughts here. :)

(the "positive thoughts" comment was a reference to my registration e-mail proving I was not a "spambot")

DaffyDave

Postby DaffyDave » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 am

Well this stinks. Can't say I blame you, Jon - this must take alot of effort to maintain.

Good luck on the new efforts and thanks for all of your hard work over the years.

Where do we go now?

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 am

I'm divested. Worst news in ages. :(

But it might be wise to advert for someone what might be willing to take over the forum aspects of things.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:27 am

Gee, I'm sorry to hear that. All I can say it was a good place and I wish the site luck in the future.

But how are we going to get site updates for GAC?

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:41 am

I've been reading the TTTP since I was 10 and began posting there in March 2004. My first post was about if the Larry Doyle produced Sylvester and Tweety short was playing with Scooby-Doo 2 like rumors said. Since I was a naive 12-on-the-cusp of turning 13-year-old, many of my posts were regrettable these days filled with frequent misspellings and breaking of the rules. As I've gotten older, I've used the TTTP more as a resource than a social online spot to talk about animation though I have made my mark (the GAC Halloween Party was a tradition my stupid 12-year-old self started). It's been a good 7 year run on this forum. Goodbye everyone.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

FleischerFan

Postby FleischerFan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 am

I am very disappointed. Not only was this a great site to learn new things about animation history and share thoughts and opinions, it was also a place where I was able to fill some holes in my cartoon collection through trading with other fans.

Last, but hardly least, it was where I could learn of new releases from Steve's Thunderbean!

If anybody knows where we could go (back to the Animation History message board?), share it here quickly!

And, thanks Jon, for the years this board has been here.
"To speak without thinking like shooting without aiming." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:47 am

Philo & Gunge wrote:I've been reading the TTTP since I was 10 and began posting there in March 2004. My first post was about if the Larry Doyle produced Sylvester and Tweety short was playing with Scooby-Doo 2 like rumors said. Since I was a naive 12-on-the-cusp of turning 13-year-old, many of my posts were regrettable these days filled with frequent misspellings and breaking of the rules. As I've gotten older, I've used the TTTP more as a resource than a social online spot to talk about animation though I have made my mark (the GAC Halloween Party was a tradition my stupid 12-year-old self started). It's been a good 7 year run on this forum. Goodbye everyone.

Don't be negative on yourself. It is not helpful.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”