Totally Tooned In 2/26/11

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
Nelson

Totally Tooned In 2/26/11

Postby Nelson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Magoo's Masterpiece 7/30/53
Amoozin But Confoozin -Li'l Abner 3/3/44
Peaceful Neighbors -Rhapsodies 8/15/35

The Egg Yegg -Fox And Crow 12/8/44
Indian Serenade(aka Yippy The Snake Charmer)-Rhapsodies 7/16/37
Magoo Goes West 4/19/56

Magoo's Moose Hunt 11/28/57
Holiday Land -Rhapsodies feat.Scrappy 11/9/34 *First Color Columbia*
The Gorilla Hunt -Rhapsodies 2/24/39

Be Patient, Patient -Fox And Crow 10/27/44
Swiss Tease -Rhapsodies 9/11/47
Calling Doctor Magoo 5/24/56

Bwana Magoo 1/9/59
The Happy Tots(aka Hot And Happy)-Rhapsodies 3/31/39
Willie The Kid -Jolly Frolics 6/26/52

The Explosive Magoo 5/8/58
Professor Small And Mister Tall -Rhapsodies 5/26/43
Spring Festival -Rhapsodies 8/6/37

Most of the soundtrack for INDIAN SERENADE was redubbed, while THE GORILLA HUNT, even had some of Mel Blanc's voice work replaced with newer dialog.
"I'm Salty McGuire The Gob, You'll Always Find Me On The Job" (Terrytoons) "Salt Water Taffy" (1930)

DaffyDave

Postby DaffyDave » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Unfortunately the stream I was getting from Comcast in Philly was horribly corrupted today. There was 1 single Magoo episode that didn't freeze & stutter. The rest of all of the episodes were unwatchable.

frizfrelengfan

Postby frizfrelengfan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:43 pm

"Indian Serenade" is a beautifully drawn cartoon, especially the backgrounds. The Indian boy reminded me of Friz Freleng's Hiawatha, while the dog reminded me of Betty Boop's Pudgy. I noticed the "Skeleton Frolic" substitute music in this one, although it didn't feel as out-of-place in this cartoon since the action on the screen didn't have to be synchronized to the music.

I wonder why some of these cartoons were renamed.

"Willie the Kid" is quite an odd cartoon.

Hitler cut out of "Professor Small and Mr. Tall."

I just rewired a part of my house with thicker cable and my reception of Antenna TV is much better. I used to get situations from time to time where the whole signal would drop out for ten seconds or so, but no more. The cable guy told me that the new digital channels need thick cable (RG-6). He would have charged me, so I did it myself. DaffyDave, maybe that's all you need.
[size=84] Time Lord Technology = Bigger on the Inside
[/SIZE]

DaffyDave

Postby DaffyDave » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Through contacting Antenna TV they said they were having some issues with the affiliate. From what I could watch it looked like I was missing some real gems. Bummer.

Bradskey

Postby Bradskey » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:18 pm

And here I thought the fog this morning ruined my reception (even though I've never had one bit of trouble receiving this station). Well, just more episodes to hopefully get recorded the second time around :(

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm

frizfrelengfan wrote:
Hitler cut out of "Professor Small and Mr. Tall."

The scene with the black stereotypes was left intact in this cartoon.
"I'm Salty McGuire The Gob, You'll Always Find Me On The Job" (Terrytoons) "Salt Water Taffy" (1930)

Bartman

Postby Bartman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 pm

I enjoyed today's TTI shows, but I'm still puzzled as to why certain 'toons have had their music and voices changed - what's up with that..?

"The Gorilla Hunt" was SEVERELY edited!!
"How 'bout a race, Foxie? Last one through the poily gates is a rotten egg!" - 'Be Patient, Patient' - 1944

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 am

Bartman wrote:I enjoyed today's TTI shows, but I'm still puzzled as to why certain 'toons have had their music and voices changed - what's up with that..?

"The Gorilla Hunt" was SEVERELY edited!!

So Bart, it's good to know that I wasn't the only one to notice possible edits in the GORILLA HUNT, as well.The reason for the dubbed music and dialog, when I spoke with Jerry Beck last week, he told me that the show was made for the interntional tv market and with some of the cartoons, new music had to be replaced(because of musical copyright issues)for the oversea market.Rest assured, Jerry said, that the films are all fully restored and he's hoping that Sony may see fit to release these neglected cartoons onto dvd in the future.

frizfrelengfan

Postby frizfrelengfan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 am

Nelson wrote:The scene with the black stereotypes was left intact in this cartoon.
The town is called Spook, but I don't think that was intended to be derogatory; it's just reference to a "ghost" town. Other than that, I don't see anything that could be intended as a black stereotype.
[size=84] Time Lord Technology = Bigger on the Inside
[/SIZE]

Return to “What Aired Today?”