The End Is (Probably) Near - PLEASE READ

Moderators: Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Registered Users, (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation

Sean Gaffney

Postby Sean Gaffney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 am

Oh yes, I'm gaffneys@gmail.com for contact info.

I admit I've been skimming the forum a lot more lately, mostly due to the negativity, but I'll still miss it a whole lot.

cbrubaker

Postby cbrubaker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 am

I can be reached at [email="cbrubaker@gmail.com"]cbrubaker@gmail.com[/email]. I'm also on Facebook.

I'm more or less no longer going to the forum so those places are the best way to reach me.
My Blog - Has some stuff
Terrytoons 1957-71 filmography - new credits (updated 12-8-2010)

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I still own the GoldenAgeCartoons.com domain name, so I am sure we can rebuild. I am looking in the direction of a web-hosting site that seems pretty affordable. This would be the new home of the various information-based sites (Lantz, etc).

I don't really have much ambition to relaunch the the Forum . As others have said, it's glory days are long in the past now. If somebody else wants to pick up the torch and run with it, they can feel free.

Lee Glover

Postby Lee Glover » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:I don't really have much ambition to relaunch the the Forum . As others have said, it's glory days are long in the past now. If somebody else wants to pick up the torch and run with it, they can feel free.

I'm prepared to help maintain the GAC Forums in whatever form, but that depends if some of us can also help in some way. If someone does take over administration duties, will yourself and Matt be able to continue as moderators?
:fox: Watch out for a crow wearing a derby! :fox:

This Blog's A Load Of CARTOONS! - Update: TV Comic - Six Of The Best: Christmas Cartoons :bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:ysam::tomcat: :jerry::bbear:

Sean Gaffney

Postby Sean Gaffney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 pm

I'd still like to continue the Breakdowns in some form, even if it's on a shared blog.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 am

Sean Gaffney wrote:I'd still like to continue the Breakdowns in some form, even if it's on a shared blog.

That's what I was thinking. The Breakdowns could move to a blog we could all have access to.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:56 am

UPDATE:

Good news, I have found a home for GAC. The only casualty is going to be the Forums which will be closing up shop. However, I am looking into making a readable, searchable archive with no bells or whistles available so all the information won't be lost. In the meantime, discussion will be directed to our Facebook page. If someone else decides to restart the Forums someday on their own webspace, they can feel free.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SITES AFTER SUNDAY OCTOBER 30 OR THAT DATA WILL BE LOST. Early next week, GAC is going to be locked, closed and moved to a new server.

I have the entire GAC FTP backed up on my personal computer, just in case.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:38 am

Jon Cooke wrote:UPDATE:

Good news, I have found a home for GAC. The only casualty is going to be the Forums which will be closing up shop. However, I am looking into making a readable, searchable archive with no bells or whistles available so all the information won't be lost. In the meantime, discussion will be directed to our Facebook page. If someone else decides to restart the Forums someday on their own webspace, they can feel free.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SITES AFTER SUNDAY OCTOBER 30 OR THAT DATA WILL BE LOST. Early next week, GAC is going to be locked, closed and moved to a new server.

I have the entire GAC FTP backed up on my personal computer, just in case.

Ok, some good news at last.
– Duck Dodgers

My Blog: Classic Cartoons

Lee Glover

Postby Lee Glover » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Sad to see the forums closing. I would love to see it continue, but I cannot revive the forums all by myself because, quite frankly, without Jon and/or Matt, it will not have the same pulling power as the old TTTP. Better let it rest in peace. :(

How we will maintain contact while the changes take place? Will it be via a private group on Facebook, or just via e-mails?
:fox: Watch out for a crow wearing a derby! :fox:

This Blog's A Load Of CARTOONS! - Update: TV Comic - Six Of The Best: Christmas Cartoons :bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:ysam::tomcat: :jerry::bbear:

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:14 pm

When GAC comes online again (we will be going down on Monday), I am thinking of launching a blog for the Merry-Go-Round Breakdown and one of GAC News and Reviews (where we can still have Talkbacks about the latest releases , keep people updated on upcoming DVD releases, and have discussions of other interesting finds). I feel these would be easier to maintain than the forum and still keep the community feeling intact. If anyone reading would like to be involved, let me know. Maybe we could have them up & running in the coming weeks.

Feels like we're losing an old friend with the Forums closing, but on the other hand the time feels right. I can't keep this place open just because of nostalgia for the good ol' days.

Return to “GAC Hosted Sites”