Arrivederci

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:54 am

Bannedcartoonfan wrote:Check out what's been going on in the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Thread.

It's so sad to see another member go, and for such ridiculous reasons too. I've been considering doing the same recently after seeing such disturbing hostility on here.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Still, kind of sad seeing respected members leaving because of petty fighting. I try to be a civil member without having to go into hostilities, but if that's the way the cookie crumbles, so be it. We'll miss you, Levi.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 am

Something tells me GAC is falling apart even before I signed up. :eek:

Ken Layton

Postby Ken Layton » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:42 am

I've been here a while. It sure seems to me that every week someone decides/whines they are leaving. If someone leaves, oh well. The forum continues on anyway.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:16 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:Something tells me GAC is falling apart even before I signed up. :eek:

Tell me about it, I took a bit of a leave of absence for a while and I come to see a place in the midst of a small but vocal battle (At least in the T/J GC thread). Baffling to be honest, but like I said, I'm a civil guy, fairly easy going, and internet squabbles are nothing new.

You see, a few fights are fine in a relationship, be it on a forum, a friendship, relationship, marriage, etc. If we constantly agreed, it'd be even worse and down right creepy.

Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:20 pm

kaseykockroach wrote:We all like to think we're special. We post these threads because we enjoy the last-minute sympathy "Oh, don't go! You were the best member we ever had!", that sort of thing. :p

Well, it's also a rather non-confrontational way to send a message to anyone that's been "giving people static" or whatever the issue is.

Yeah, if I had a problem with any member on this or any other forum I certainly wouldn't announce my "retirement" from said forum Lou Gehrig-style. I'd probably just hit the ignore button. I believe one exists on this site.
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 am

Daffysleftfoot wrote:...I'd probably just hit the ignore button. I believe one exists on this site.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen it!
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:54 pm

After seeing this, I don't think I'm going to miss him all that much....:tweety:
http://fav.me/d4c4on3

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 pm

kaseykockroach wrote:After seeing this, I don't think I'm going to miss him all that much....:tweety:

With a comment like that, I can see why he lefted the board. You're not helping.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:55 am

kaseykockroach wrote:After seeing this, I don't think I'm going to miss him all that much....:tweety:

Yeah, I don't blame him for leaving with a message as condescending as this. Pouring salt on the wounds, much? :befuddled

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 pm

You do now realize, of course, that the point of this thread has become entirely moot... (heavy sigh)
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”