OPERATION: Moving A-Thread (Please read, we don't have a lot of time!)

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

LooneyTunerIan

OPERATION: Moving A-Thread (Please read, we don't have a lot of time!)

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:15 pm

EVERYONE! I have an idea!

Since there's a new forum that everyone's going to: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/

I think I have a solution to our troubles: Let's move some of the famous GAC Threads to that new forum!

What we have to do convince the founder of that new forum to put these threads:

The Termite Terrace Thread
The Looney Bin Thread
The Merry-Go-Round Breakdown Thread

...into that new forum!

That way, it'll still be like the old GAC Forum! :D And we won't have worry about this forum being closed... because we'll be moving some of the threads to that new forum!

It's a long shot, but we don't have alot of time left! It has to work.

So my fellow GAC friends, WHO'S WITH ME?!

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

I meant to mention that we really need to get our best threads to a safe place for reference (and for memories sake!). The "Minority Opinions You have About Animation" thread was probably my best thread ever and there are many more from everyone.

DaffyDave

Postby DaffyDave » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Depending on the technology used here, aren't we talking about a mysql or SqlServer operation?

Sogturtle

Postby Sogturtle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 pm

BloodyChamp wrote:I meant to mention that we really need to get our best threads to a safe place for reference (and for memories sake!). The "Minority Opinions You have About Animation" thread was probably my best thread ever and there are many more from everyone.

I would truly HOPE that this is possible!!! The Turtle DID ask Jon earlier today if it was possible for moi to somehow download all the shtuff I've "de-composed":D on here since we Turtles HATE to re-write things (even if we could)... And the notion of things being lost forever, eeeeesh!!...
[His response was that he didn't know how to download just from a specific person (or reptile:p)...

I then PM'd him again and asked if it was possible to download the ENTIRE contents of the GAC TTTP, but haven't heard back from him on that one.

Fibber Fox

Postby Fibber Fox » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:55 pm

BloodyChamp wrote:I meant to mention that we really need to get our best threads to a safe place for reference (and for memories sake!).

But the threads aren't going anywhere. Allow me to quote from Jon's original note:

A searchable, read-only archive of the Forums will continue to be available when GAC relaunches.

F. Fox
http://yowpyowp.blogspot.com
http://tralfaz.blogspot.com

DaffyDave

Postby DaffyDave » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Sogturtle wrote:I would truly HOPE that this is possible!!! The Turtle DID ask Jon earlier today if it was possible for moi to somehow download all the shtuff I've "de-composed":D on here since we Turtles HATE to re-write things (even if we could)... And the notion of things being lost forever, eeeeesh!!...
[His response was that he didn't know how to download just from a specific person (or reptile:p)...

I then PM'd him again and asked if it was possible to download the ENTIRE contents of the GAC TTTP, but haven't heard back from him on that one.

Yes, it can be done. Again, depending on the technology. Sqlserver allows you to make a backup of an entire DB. MySQL probably does as well, but I'm not as familiar with that. If this is older tech or a different tech altogether, who knows. Also, if the DB is solely resident on the host server, then you're at the mercy of the hosting service's policies.

It's my understanding that this forum is somehow loosely related to Toonzone's server (I may be way off here). That would mean getting our mod's permission, their mod's permission, and their hosts' permissions as well.

Javeman

Postby Javeman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Yeah guys, these boards aren't going to banish off the face of the Internet. They may be down for a while, but Jon clearly stated there will be an archive where you will be able to read these threads for reference.

Whenever you guys find a new board, all you need to do is make a link that goes back to the GAC archives. That way you can have the old threads for reference and start new ones.
[size=134]"Why do people care so much about signatures anyway?"
[/size]

CueBallCat79

Postby CueBallCat79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm going to miss this forum quite a bit too, but the topic starter is overreacting quite a bit in my opinion and seems to be on the verge of a massive freak-out.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Actually, I think my idea would sound better for a temporary GAC Forums. :)

We can make the same threads as the ones on this forum, but on a different forum. :)

It just has to work!

It just gotta!

Besides, Jon Cooke said there isn't going to be another forum ever again. We gotta save trhe stuff while they last!

CueBallCat79

Postby CueBallCat79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Dude, you're acting like everyone who has ever contributed to GAC is suddenly going to drop dead after Sunday and unless we copy this entire site verbatim somewhere else in a forum that looks and acts EXACTLY like this one no one will ever talk about these cartoons ever again.

Yes, things are changing, but the sky isn't falling.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”